What is the job?
Product Management is responsible for determining and deciding on the WHAT and WHY we should build for current and future customers. Product Management operates separately but collaboratively with our Development team which is focused on HOW to build. Constant feedback from our Customer Success and Sales team and users directly help us point our product in the right direction. You will be reporting directly to the CEO and spending significant time with our clients and users directly.
What are we looking for?
The company is looking to onboard a leader and partner to the CEO who is passionate about our purpose, mission and finding innovative ways to grow the market leading Point-of-Sale Salon software, used in 10,000+ locations.
This person is most likely someone with an MBA background or significant product management experience. You own product strategy grounded in market insights and customer feedback. You study the competition, our customers and ourselves to optimize our Product-Market Fit. Of all team members, you take the most strategic view. You look around the corner and anticipate what we need to be ready for. How do we create a pricing and positioning strategy that satisfies our current growth needs (share?) and future ambitions (revenue? profitability?)
You are the circus master of impressive product launches and creating a rolling thunder of excitement and anticipation. You’re the anchor for the rest of the team to develop great content, PR, demand gen, and customer loyalty. You have the pulse on the finger of our customers, users, and other product stakeholders. Your work is joined at the hip with the sales/marketing team, who run with the marketing pieces like messaging, promotions, campaigns, and branding. Your work will lead to customers buying more, staying longer and being very happy with the all up product value proposition.
- A strategic orientation balanced with a strong ability to contribute directly to product design, execution and all things go-to-market
- 8+ years of experience in software product management
- Strong leadership, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively colleagues in the office as well as remote.
- Familiarity with Agile, SVPG, Pragmatic, or other modern product management methodologies and frameworks
- BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical field, MBA is a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; comfort communicating clearly and efficiently with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors, and customers
- Unwavering attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- A track record of execution – deploying the highest quality product on time
- Adaptability to changing plans and priorities in an evolving technology landscape.
- Sees the world from a “How we can” compared to a “Why we can’t” viewpoint, but ultimately determines “Why we should/shouldn’t” product value proposition
- Product realist
What should you look forward to doing?
Product / Roadmap
- Define and manage the execution of the product roadmap for the offering to maximize customer adoption and customer value, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Drive product development from conceptualization through launch – creating actionable plans, work streams, tactics and deliver on those in support of business KPI’s.
- Analyze the current competitive landscape, focuses on ROI, product requirements, and pitches to the senior leaders in the company. Elaborate on the “what” and “why”.
- Maintain a rolling prioritized backlog
- Define features and product requirements – write specs and user stories, create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists; communicate functionality and incorporate feedback
- Manage work-streams across the value chain, from product ideation to market and user research
- Strive to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area(s) by identifying the challenges our customers’ face
- Defines new opportunities to improve our customers’ experience
- Perform statistical analyses and find patterns in data that may be hard to uncover
- Leverage data/analytics to make tactical and strategic product decisions
- Stay on the leading edge of the SMB market and trends as they relate to the company’s key businesses interests
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Identifies unmet market needs that leverage the company’s technologies, strengths and market leadership
- Communicate with team to actively promote and share product development’s product roadmap and strategic product plans
- Work with Sales & Marketing, Development to successfully deliver products to market on time and within budget; build go-to-market plans as well as pricing, sales, and marketing strategy
- Collaborate and influence customer success teams to ensure successful customer deployments and strong references
- Gather customer feedback in order to determine future iterations. Compare planned success metrics to actuals and ladders up product performance
- Staff and train product management team
What is ProPoint Solutions?
ProPoint Solutions, is a privately owned software company that develops SuperSalon software. SuperSalon is a point-of-sale software for the salon industry. SuperSalon is the largest hair salon software provider in North America, utilized by over 10,000 locations.
SuperSalon is a no compromise system, designed for walk-in salons with efficient ticket flow, appointment salons with full calendar, hybrid salons with mixed traffic and full-service spas requiring coordination of multiple technicians and resources. SuperSalon pioneered the web-based back office. From a user standpoint, we feel that no product has achieved the balance of simplicity and functionality that SuperSalon has. SuperSalon is easy to learn and use. SuperSalon is highly versatile, capable and scalable.
Our mission and purpose is to help multi-location owners in the beauty industry grow and manage their business from anywhere around the world. We are trusted by some of the largest and most recognizable names and franchisers in the industry, including Regis Corp. (Supercuts, SmartStyle, Cost Cutters, etc.), Fantastic Sams, Bishops, LemonTree, Birds Barbershops, etc.
- HQ in Downtown Minneapolis, Warehouse District
- Inc 5000 recipient
- Privately owned, financed and backed by a group of 20+ CEOs
- Flexible work environment. While the leadership team resides in Minneapolis, candidates with the right profile who would only be able to work remote can also apply
How to Apply
To apply for this job posting, please send your resume to email@example.com, and we will respond to them as they are received.