ProPoint Solutions is seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer (Mobile and SaaS focus) to work with existing members of the team to build a foundation for testing automation for our iOS and Android apps along with ProPoint’s SaaS applications. This role will work to ensure high quality efficiency by implementing and enforcing QC strategies, communicating quality metrics, and supporting the QA Engineers to improve their skills. This role anticipates system level issues and proposes effective solutions and demonstrates a solid mastery of automation languages and frameworks. The Senior QA Automation Engineer will design, develop and support frameworks for testing infrastructure to facilitate comprehensive system testing.
Remote work available
To apply for this posting, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Unfortunately we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship now or in the future
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer on our team you will
- Develop and direct software system testing, validation, procedures and documentation.
- Develop and implement QA metrics to facilitate high quality.
- Ensure the delivered product meets the defined requirements and ultimately high customer satisfaction.
- Make metrics available to the organization; interpret metrics to create beneficial change.
- Effectively communicate by understanding the audience; articulate technical subjects in non-technical manner with ability to present to larger audiences.
- Proactively mitigate impediments, overcome prioritization challenges, and estimate work for strategic projects; articulate tactical plans at a system level while considering broader impacts.
- Analyze requirements and develop automated test procedures; recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
- Mentor the organization on technology and SLDC topics; use completed work received as opportunity to provide coaching.
- Work effectively within and across departments.
- Continuously improve software quality practices; recommend improvements in functional and non-functional testing.
- Drive the improvement and adherence to documentation practices for internal use.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Foster a mindset of looking at things differently, building upon existing solutions so as to be used in a new and unique way.
- Work with management and product owners to build the testing strategy.
- Function as a recipient and giver of manual and automated test reviews; Use as an opportunity to learn and provide coaching.
- Highly proficient with a number of core technologies; aware of technical advancements in related areas
- Solid experience in design at an application level
- Deep understanding of public cloud architectures
- Expertise with development security best practices; ability to implement processes to adhere to and report on practices
- Expertise in agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) to help drive the adoption and maturation of agile methodologies within the department
- Proficient understanding of functional and non-functional testing
- Ability to coach Jr QA engineers on QA Methodologies
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites across a variety of technologies.
- Excels in maintaining a test automation environment
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a QA automation role
Benefits and Perks:
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and Health Spending Account (HSA) for employees and their families
- Company paid Life, AD&D and Short-Term Disability
- “Freedom” Vacation
- 401K plan with company match
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers