SuperSalon (Prooint Solutions) is growing fast and we’re looking for a talented and highly motivated MBA Intern to “earn the job” to lead our complete marketing function and take our Marketing Function to the next level. Be a part of the entrepreneurial team applying mathematical rigor, deep industry expertise, and pioneering software to revolutionize the usage of technology in the beauty industry. As a SuperSalon Marketer, you’ll have an opportunity to drive results that significantly impact the company’s overall growth and bottom line.
What is the job?
An MBA Marketing Intern is tasked with collaborating in any projects given and learning how the marketing system works. You will be supporting the CMO in developing marketing strategies,planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and driving Marketing outcomes. You will be reporting directly to the CMO.
At the end of the internship, you will have an opportunity to become our full-time Marketing Manager to lead the complete Marketing Function.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to onboard an MBA Intern who is ready to learn, work hard and help the team grow our market leading Point-of-Sale Salon software, used in 10,000+locations.
You will learn and own marketing strategy grounded in market insights, customer feedback, and extensive knowledge about our solutions. You study the competition, our customers and ourselves to optimize our Product-Market Fit.You take action to achieve results. You are constantly looking to refine our company message and find new ways to generate leads. Part analyst, part strategist, part student, our MBA Intern assists in creating and implementing strategies, tactics, campaigns, and brand messaging.
You will work onsite with our CMO and the sales team. You bring a healthy mix of skill, energy, brainstorming, and initiative. Your work is joined at the hip with the product team, who run with delivering a truly market leading product. Your work will lead to customers not only being attracted to buy our solutions but to become “Engaged Advocates”who use, like and share our products with others.
In summary, we are searching for someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree; all majors considered, advanced degrees welcomed.
- Has recently completed an MBA or is in the final year before graduation.
- Prior experience in marketing,communications or public relations a plus. Ideally,marketing experience in a SaaS, B2B environment.
- Has had exposure to most mainstream tools in the MarTech “stack”(testing tools, data analytics, dashboards, web development, marketing automation).
- You are a natural “A/B tester”, results-oriented. Works well under pressure.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, time management, and organization skills.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and a competitive spirit.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; comfort communicating clearly and efficiently with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors, and customers
- Can adapt to changing plans and priorities in an evolving technology landscape.
- Sees the world from a “How we can” compared to a “Why we can’t”viewpoint, but ultimately determines “Why we should/shouldn’t” product value proposition
How you’ll make an impact:
- Participate in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Develop and implement marketing plans,including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Develop and help manage marketing budgets
- Build go-to-market plans as well as product-, channel-, and digital marketing strategy
- Collaborate with customer success teams to drive product adoption, referrals, and usage.
- Staff and train marketing team
- Your philosophy for marketing is based on data. You live by the principle of “Always Be Testing” -Your day job is a constant series of optimization experiments with landing pages, emails, website layout, and navigation, digital ads, creative and messaging.
- You own the digital journey of the customer. You know it better than anyone else. You turn customer personas into real digital, data-driven, actionable segmentation. When your colleagues have an opinion, you can validate it with real data or a test.
- Funnel friction is your enemy. You’re constantly finding ways to make it easier for our prospects and buyers to move ahead in the funnel make decisions, provide us with information that allows us to better support them and drive conversions. You develop all the nurture campaigns (onboarding, loyalty, upsell) to maximize customer engagement and reduce churn.
- You have a deep bag of technical capabilities. Front-end web development, Google Analytics, and various Marketing Automation tools like Hubspot are things you can teach others. You’ll always be on the lookout to automate and scale our marketing infrastructure with the newest developments, without using technology for technology’s sake.
- You own the communication about results and outcomes. You keep the team on their toes by constantly showing how we are doing vs. before, vs. benchmarks and vs. the competition. Dashboards, reports and constant questions are the tools you use to help us grow.
- Work cross-functionally with sales to create lead generation campaigns to prospect and build new business.
- Partner with Leadership Team Executives to create new growth strategies across product,marketing, sales, and services.
- Your KPIs are Conversions (in the various stages of the marketing funnel), Funnel speed, CAC,Churn, and ARPU
What is ProPoint Solutions?
ProPoint Solutions is a privately owned software company that develops SuperSalon software. SuperSalon is the largest hair salon software provider in North America, utilized by over 10,000 locations.
SuperSalon is a no-compromise system, designed for walk-in salons with efficient ticket flow, appointment salons with a full calendar, hybrid salons with mixed traffic and full-service spas requiring coordination of multiple technicians and resources. SuperSalon pioneered the web-based back office. From a user standpoint, we feel that no product has achieved the balance of simplicity and functionality that SuperSalon has. SuperSalon is easy to learn and use. SuperSalon is highly versatile, capable and scalable.
Our mission and purpose are to help multi-location owners in the beauty industry grow and manage their business from anywhere around the world. We are trusted by some of the largest and most recognizable names and franchisers in the industry, including Regis Corp. (Supercuts, SmartStyle, CostCutters, etc.), Fantastic Sams, Lemon Tree, Birds Barbershops, etc.
What does ProPoint Solutions have to offer you?
- HQ in Downtown Minneapolis, Warehouse District
- Inc 5000 recipient
- Privately owned, financed and backed by a group of 20+ CEOs
- Flexible work environment, remote when necessary