Rogers Software Development (Minneapolis, MN) is currently seeking a skilled, self-motivated, and energetic Director of Finance and Administration to lead our finance team. The Director of Finance and Administration will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, and administration.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Rogers Software Development continues to scale operations and grow across geographies/verticals. This is a tremendous opportunity for a financial operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization
Director of Finance and Administration Job Responsibilities
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all segments, and oversee all financial, project/program accounting, project ROI analysis and decision support;
- Create, oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Partner with senior management to establish total company, functional and department-level budgets. Assist staff directors and managers with the preparation of budgets;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policies and procedures;
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the organization’s external audit firm.
Human Resources and Administration
- Further develop Rogers Software Development human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting;
- Closely work with department heads to create and implement a streamlined onboarding program for new employees based on overall company and specific departmental needs;
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined;
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures;
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales;
- Manage organization document retention policies;
- Assist with daily bank deposits.
- Mastery of accounting principles and financial modeling; proactive and performance/metric driven;
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing financial software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities;
- Organized, but creative, thinker, able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment;
- Track record of building effective relationships in complex environments; ability to manage and mentor staff; not afraid to make difficult HR decisions;
- Ability to work in partnership with a company Founder/CEO with high standards, handling day-to-day financial operations to allow CEO to focus on big picture strategy development;
- Must be self-motivated and strong communicator due to the company’s virtual office design;
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- 7+ years of overall professional experience;
- Prior P&L responsibility; oversight of bookkeeping and controller functions;
- Experience with HR issues, legal, and accounting, managing external professional support services for these functions;
- Experience with centralized planning / reporting tools a plus.
- Minimum of BA and CPA degree.